|Churches of Holt County
The Christian Church of Craig was organized February 4, 1880, by Elder G. B. Mullis, with ten members. Of these, Samuel Peters
and H. Laughlin were chosen elders, and E. Davis and Moses Wright were chosen deacons.
The other members were Delitha Laughlin,
Dal. Laughlin, Sarah J. Wright, Victory Peters, Rachel Collins and Sallie A. Davis.
Since the period of the organization of this
church there have been added, under the pastorate of Elder W. P. Maupin, their present minister, fifty members.
In the fall
of 1881 the congregation purchased
the old frame public school building and fitted it up as a house of worship. This they continue to use for that purpose. The
organization is in a prosperous condition, and includes a membership of sixty.
Source: "History of Holt and Atchison County, 1882"
Transcribed by Karyn Techau, 2016