|Churches of Holt County
The Kelso Church
The first church erected within the present limits of Union Township was built by the Christians, in 1877. It is a frame building,
40x60 feet in extent. It stands near the northwest corner of the southwest quarter of section 35, about four miles south of the
town of Craig, and within one-half mile of the southern boundary of the township.
It is named, in honor of Joshua Kelso, "The Kelso Church". The two acres of land attached to this church was deeded to the
same by Calvin Guilliams. The congregation was organized by Elder Kelsey.
Source: "History of Holt and Atchison County, 1882"
Transcribed by Karyn Techau, 2016