|Churches of Holt County
The Presbyterian Church,
of Craig, was organized in June, 1878, by the Rev. Duncan Brown, of Mound City, with the following members: Dr. S. S. Bacon,
W. B. Wilson and wife, A. M Hunter and Mrs. E. F. Welch. The church edifice, a brick building, 30x55 feet, was completed in
December, 1878, at a cost of $3,200.
It stands on west Front Street. The original trustees of this church were W. B. Wilson,
S. S. Bacon and A. M. Hunter. The first pastor of the congregation was the Rev. Duncan Brown. He was succeeded in June, 1880,
by Rev. B. D. Luther, the present (1882) minister.
The present membership is twenty-five. A Sunday School of sixty scholars
is attached to this church, and superintended by J. Sweetwood.
Source: "History of Holt and Atchison County, 1882"
Transcribed by Karyn Techau, 2016