Early Schools of
Holt County, Missouri
First School of Nodaway Township
The first school within the limits of what is now Nodaway Township, was taught in 1848, by James Scott, now (1882) a resident of the town of Oregon.
The building was a hewed log house. It stood on section 10, township 60, range 37, on a farm then owned by Jacob Kunkel, but now the property of John Honecker.
Source: "History of Holt and Atchison County, 1882"; Transcribed by Karyn, 2016