|Churches of Holt County
The Christian Church in Mound City is a frame building of subtantial character and fair appearance. It was erected in 1878. The
organization, however, of which it is the outgrowth, existed before the civil war.
It now includes a membership of between
one hundred and seventy-five and two hundred.
In December, 1879, David Wetzel, the present (1882) minister, was chosen pastor.
The present church was dedicated on the third Sunday of February, 1881. The Sunday School, which includes over one hundred
scholars, is under the direction of Mr. J. B. Denny, a representative druggist of the town.
Source: "History of Holt and Atchison County, 1882"
Transcribed by Karyn Techau, 2016